News and Events:
No events scheduled.
About the Division:
The purpose of the Legal Assistants Division of the State Bar of Nevada is to enhance legal assistants' participation in the administration of justice, professional responsibility and public service in cooperation with the State Bar of Nevada. We are the first statewide organization of working, attorney supervised legal assistants in the state of Nevada.
Staff Liaison: Lori Wolk Dues: Annual dues are $65 Membership is by application only and must be approved by the Legal Assistants Division's Board of Directors. Once membership is approved, you will receive an invoice from the State Bar of Nevada, Member Services department. Dues are payable to the State Bar of Nevada upon receipt of invoice.
Board of Directors
Noel Anschutz: Chair
National Organization of Social Security Representatives
- State Bar of Nevada Ethics Committee Board
- State Bar of Nevada Legal Assistant Division Board
- College of So. NV Paralegal Program Advisory Board
- Past President of the Paralegal Association of So. NV
Noel has been in the legal field since 1995. Noel obtained her American Bar Association approved Associates Paralegal degree in 1996 and her Bachelors degree in Business Administration in 2001. Her past experience has been in the areas of family law, personal injury, employment discrimination and insurance defense. Noel currently practices Social Security disability law as a non-attorney representative.
She also has the distinction of being the first Social Security Administration qualified non-attorney representative eligible for fee withholding in Nevada.
Christine (Christi) M. Saito, ACP: Board Member, Northern District
- Graduated from Truckee Meadows Community College Associate Degrees: Legal Assistant, 2001; Business Management, 2003.
- Completed the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA) Certified Paralegal 2003, Advanced Certified Paralegal 2004 in Real Estate.
- Member of Sierra Nevada Association of Paralegals (SNAP) since 2000. Served on SNAP’s Executive Board for five years (2004 to 2009) holding the offices of NALA Liaison, First Vice President, and President.
- Member of State Bar of Nevada, Legal Assistants Division since 2008, serving on the Board since 2009.
- Employed by Washoe Legal Services since 2005. Washoe Legal Services is a non-profit legal aid assisting residents of Washoe County, and are grant funded. As the Paralegal for the Consumer Division my main focus is low income tenants, with private landlords, dealing with habitability, fair housing rights, and eviction issues, including tenants of foreclosure houses.
- Also worked for Washoe County from 1996 to 2004, at the Public Administrator’s Office where I learned probate and guardianship; and at the District Attorney’s Office in the Civil Division where I worked for attorneys in Forfeitures, Community Development, Parks, Assessor and Treasurer Offices.
Sheila Orcaz, RP: Board Member: Southern District
National Federation of Paralegal Association
State Bar of Nevada Legal Assistant Division Board
College of Southern Nevada, Paralegal Program Advisory Board
Co-founding member and past President of the Paralegal Association of Southern Nevada
Organization of Legal Professionals
Paralegals & Legal Assistants - Have You Tried Fastcase???
Fastcase is an online legal research system available FREE to active attorney members of the State Bar of Nevada
Fastcase is therefore a cost efficient and easy way for you to conduct legal research (log in under an attorney profile)
Just click on the Member Services link from the State Bar's homepage to get started and be sure to review the research tips and guides available below.
Service to the Law
Attorneys in both private practice and in government-funded programs have increased use of legal assistants based on their belief that the use of legal assistants results in cost-effective delivery of legal services. Membership in the Legal Assistants Division shows commitment to excellence, quality and professionalism. Attorneys encourage their legal assistants to attain and maintain membership in the Legal Assistants Division of the State Bar of Nevada as a mark of their professionalism.