Image description

Nevada Immigration Lawyer

Immigration lawyers help foreign nationals enter, live and work in the United States to be with family, study, work in an important field, entertain, provide culture, seek asylum or refugee status and invest in U.S. businesses. 

The most common way to immigrate to the U.S. is with a family visa, so that you can live with your family members.  Your U.S. family member must file a petition on your behalf; if approved, you may enter the U.S., get married if marriage is the basis for your visa, and apply for a green card (i.e. “Alien Registration Receipt Card.”)

A green card signifies that you are a permanent resident and that you have the right to work and live in the U.S.  You also have the right to reenter the U.S. after a relatively short absence; however, a green card holder is not a citizen and, therefore, does not have the right to vote.

Though green cards are permanent and must only be renewed every ten years, many green card holders wish to become U.S. citizens.  Becoming a citizen is called “naturalization.”  To become a U.S. citizen, you must file appropriate documents and take the naturalization test. 

Federal law and the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) regulate all immigration matters.  The USCIS is part of the Department of Homeland Security.

image description