The State Bar of Nevada’s Diversity Committee is tasked with addressing the issues of diversity and implementing initiatives to foster additional diversity within the State Bar and within the profession. Additionally, the Committee recognizes the need for cultural competence in the way attorneys work with their clients. To that end, the Committee created a two-fold mission statement:
To increase diversity within the membership and leadership of the State Bar of Nevada and the profession.
- Support and encourage opportunities for current and aspiring attorneys from underrepresented groups
- Raise awareness of the benefits of diversity
To promote cultural competence in the profession.
On occasion, the Diversity Committee will sponsor events that further its goals and objectives. The Diversity Committee also recognizes and supports diversity initiatives by local and specialty bar associations. Upcoming events include:
- There are no upcoming events.
The Third Annual State Bar of Nevada Diversity Luncheon was held on January 12, 2012. Click here for the group photo!
- May 2012 Nevada Lawyer: Diversity in Nevada's Legal Community
- LVNBA Newsletter, Volume No. 3, Issue No. 1 - December 2011 (See page 16 for an article about the Diversity Committee written by Committee member Augusta Massey).