Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers Program
Confidential help from a fellow lawyer is a phone call awayToll Free: 866-828-0022 or 775-322-2154 Coe Swobe, LCL Coordinator
If you, or any lawyer in Nevada, are in need of confidential assistance with an alcohol, drug, depression, stress or gambling problem, help is readily available through the LCL Hotline.When calling, leave your first name and telephone number. A fellow lawyer, who has also had problems, will call you back. You'll be listened to with an understanding heart rather than scorn, judgment and condemnation. You can talk frankly. The person returning your call is solving problems just like yours, and is living happily and usefully doing so.
Who We Are
Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers has existed in Nevada since 1985.
The organization is dedicated to helping State Bar members recover from alcohol and drug addiction, compulsive gambling, stress, and depression. LCL does not police, discipline or otherwise threaten the career or reputation of an attorney or judge who seeks help. The purpose of LCL is to prevent a ruined career or reputation by providing help before the damage is done. LCLs services are discreet and absolutely confidential and are available at no charge.
Supreme Court Rule 106.5 provides confidentiality for individuals seeking assistance from LCL. All communications and actions are held in the strictest confidence and are not reported to any individual or entity outside LCL, including state bar disciplinary, admission, administrative or other state bar proceeding.
Download PDF Brochures
- Nevada Lawyer article for CLE Credit: Addiction, Substance Abuse and the Legal Profession (Take the Online Quiz)
- February 27th and 28th, 2013: The Disease of Addiction CLE - offered live in Reno and Las Vegas
- Professional Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings in Nevada (closed door)
- Nevada Council on Problem Gambling
- Attorney Recovery Stories
- ABA Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs
- National Resources
- Never Enough, Michael J. Burke GP | Solo Magazine
- Relapse After Long-Term Sobriety, Janet Piper Voss GP | Solo Magazine
- We're From the Bar and We're Here to Help You, John W. Clark, Jr. GP | Solo Magazine