Section News & Events:
UPDATE ON AND IMPACT OF THE FEDERAL RULE CHANGES
Presented by the Litigation Section
Thursday, September 8, 2016
State Bar of Nevada, Las Vegas
Simulcast to Northern Nevada Bar Center, Reno
Noon – 1 p.m.
1 CLE hour
About the Section:
The purposes of the Litigation Section are to:
- Provide a forum for the improvement of law and procedure in the field of litigation in civil and criminal areas;
- Provide a forum addressed to the problems and interest of the trial practitioner who specializes in the spectrum of civil litigation, without limitation to a particular substantive area;
- Provide a forum addressed to the problems and interest of the trial practitioner who specializes in the spectrum of criminal trial practice;
- Promote the sound development of ethical and professional litigation practices and procedures;
- Assist the judiciary in enhancing the administration of justice in the area of civil litigation and criminal procedure;
- Support and enhance the art of trial and appellate advocacy; and
- Act upon all matters germane to its purpose as so described or referred to by the Board of Governors.
Download the Litigation Section Bylaws (last updated 7/25/2013)
OfficersChair: Tracy DiFillippo Armstrong Teasdale, LLP 3770 Howard Hughes Pkwy Las Vegas, NV 89169 702-473-7092 firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com Secretary: David Carroll Rice Silbey Reuther & Sullivan 3960 Howard Hughes Pkwy Las Vegas, NV 89169 702-732-9099 firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer: Shannon Pierce Fennemore Craig Jones Vargas 300 E. Second Street Reno, NV 89504 Phone: 775-786-5000 Email: email@example.com Committee of Legal Education Pertaining to Criminal and Civil Areas Co-Chair: Paul Haire Smith Larsen & Wixom 1935 Village Center Circle Las Vegas, NV 89134 702-252-5002 firstname.lastname@example.org Co-Chair: John Gutke Fox Rothschild 3800 Howard Hughes Pkwy Las Vegas, NV 89169 702-699-5938 JGutke@foxrothschild.com Co-Chair: Ryan Lower Morris Law Group 900 Bank of America Plaza Las Vegas, NV 89101 702-474-9400 email@example.com Publications Committee Chair: Justin C. Jones Wolf, Rifkin, Shapiro, Schulman & Babkin 3556 E. Russell Road Las Vegas, NV 89120 702-341-5200 firstname.lastname@example.org Committee on Civil and Appellate Procedure Chair: Eric D. Hone Dickinson Wright 8363 West Sunset Road Las Vegas, Nevada 89113 702-550-4442 EHone@dickinsonwright.com Membership Committee Chair: Kory Kaplan Gentile Cristalli Miller Armeni & Savarese 410 S. Rampart Blvd Las Vegas, NV 89145 702-880-0000 email@example.com Committee on Ethics and Professionalism Co-Chair: Brian Anderson Holland & Hart 9555 Hillwood Drive Las Vegas, NV 89134 702-222-2525 firstname.lastname@example.org Co-Chair: Clark Vellis Holley, Driggs, Walch, Puzey, Thompson 800 South Meadows Parkway Reno, NV 89521 775-851-8700 Staff Liaison: Lori Wolk Board Liaison: Richard Pocker Annual dues are $30.