Board of Governors Elections:
The Board of Governors of the State Bar of Nevada consists of 15 members elected by the active members of the bar who are residents of Nevada and have their official address per SCR 79 in the respective districts.
The 15 board members are as follows:
- Nine from District One (Clark County)
- One from District Two (White Pine, Elko, Eureka, Churchill, Lander, Humboldt, Lyon, Lincoln, Douglas, Mineral, Nye, Esmeralda, Pershing and Storey Counties)
- One from District Three (Carson City)
- Four from District Four (Washoe County)
The terms of office are staggered, with each elected for a term of two years.
In 2018, the following positions are open for election:
- District One: four seats
- District Four: three seats
Nominations for the Board of Governors are submitted by petition, by at least five bar members entitled to vote for the nominee. Petitions must be submitted to the State Bar of Nevada no earlier than April 12, 2018, or no later than April 27, 2018.