EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE STATE BAR OF NEVADA
The State Bar of Nevada is looking for talented professionals – including attorneys, paralegals and non-attorneys – to join our organization. To apply, please complete and return the application form and see the instructions posted in each individual job description (if any) for further instructions.
The State Bar of Nevada is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Bar Counsel in the Las Vegas office. This is a full-time, exempt position with the Office of Bar Counsel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represents the State Bar in all discipline matters;
- Works closely with investigators on matters of alleged attorney misconduct, including: conducting research, interviewing witnesses, and analyzing documents and court filings:
- Proficiency in drafting pleadings, motions, mediation statements, writs, appeals, and Records on Appeal;
- Conversant in the Rules of Professional Conduct and the ABA Model Rules for Imposing Lawyer Sanctions;
- Communicate informal ethics opinions to State Bar members, with a customer service-oriented approach;
- Prepares and presents ethics, discipline and related programs for continuing legal education, to the courts, state agencies, legal service organizations and law firms;
- Leadership and confidence while also being able to participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines;
- Excellent presentation, negotiation skills, research, writing, analytical, and oral advocacy skills required.
Requirements – licensed Nevada attorney with minimum of 5-7 years litigation experience. Qualified applicants may submit their resume, salary requirements, a writing sample and a completed State Bar Application for consideration to HROBC@NVBAR.ORG.