EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE STATE BAR OF NEVADA
The State Bar of Nevada is looking for talented professionals – including attorneys, paralegals and non-attorneys – to join our organization. To apply, please complete and return the application form and see the instructions posted in each individual job description (if any) for further instructions.
Member Services Administrator:
The State Bar of Nevada is accepting applications for a Member Services Administrator. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with scheduled hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday (37.5 hours per week). This position serves as the point of contact for members seeking information or assistance about their membership. Responsibilities include all aspects of membership and maintenance of electronic databases for annual license renewal. This position demands strong problem solving, organizational and calendaring skills, and superior customer service. Strong computer skills, including extensive knowledge of Word and Excel, minimum two years of college, and five years related customer service experience are required. Previous law-related experience is preferred. If you meet the above qualifications and to be considered for this position, applicants must submit a resume and the State Bar Application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant Bar Counsel:
The State Bar of Nevada is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Bar Counsel in the Las Vegas office. This is a full-time, exempt position with the Office of Bar Counsel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Represents the State Bar in all discipline matters;
- Works closely with investigators on matters of alleged attorney misconduct, including: conducting research, interviewing witnesses, and analyzing documents and court filings;
- Prepares and presents ethics, discipline and related programs for continuing legal education, to the courts, state agencies, legal service organizations and law firms;
- Communicates informal ethics opinions to State Bar members, with a customer service-oriented approach.
- Proficiency in drafting pleadings, motions, mediation statements, writs, appeals, and Records on Appeal;
- Conversant in the Rules of Professional Conduct and the ABA Model Rules for Imposing Lawyer Sanctions;
- Leadership and confidence while also being able to participate effectively and constructively as a member of a team.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines;
- Excellent presentation, negotiation skills, research, writing, analytical, and oral advocacy skills required.
Requirements – licensed Nevada attorney with minimum of 5-7 years litigation experience. Qualified applicants may submit their resume, salary requirements, a writing sample and a completed State Bar Application for consideration to HROBC@NVBAR.ORG.