EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE STATE BAR OF NEVADA
The State Bar of Nevada is looking for talented professionals – including attorneys, paralegals and non-attorneys – to join our organization. To apply, please complete and return the application form and see the instructions posted in each individual job description (if any) for further instructions.
Assistant Bar Counsel
The State Bar of Nevada is currently accepting applications for Assistant Bar Counsel. This is a full-time, exempt position with the Office of Bar Counsel. Responsibilities include:
- Prosecuting members of the State Bar for violations of the Rules of Professional Conduct;
- Working closely with investigators on matters of alleged attorney misconduct, including: conducting research, interviewing witnesses, and analyzing documents and court filings:
- Proficiency in drafting pleadings, motions, mediation statements, writs, appeals, and Records on Appeal;
- Conversant in the Rules of Professional Conduct and the ABA Model Rules for Imposing Lawyer Sanctions;
- Communicate, with a customer service-oriented approach, ethical guidance to members of the State Bar;
- Prepare and present education and training on attorney ethics, discipline, and related programs to members of the State Bar, courts, state agencies, legal service organizations and law firms;
- Lead a prosecution team with confidence while guiding the team to efficient and consistent prosecution.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and to work independently and efficiently under time pressures and deadlines;
- Excellent presentation, negotiation skills, research, writing, analytical, and oral advocacy skills required.
Requirements: licensed Nevada attorney with minimum of five years’ litigation experience.
Interested individuals should view the job description, and qualified candidates should complete an application and submit a cover letter, resume, salary requirements and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.