EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE STATE BAR OF NEVADA
The State Bar of Nevada is looking for talented professionals – including attorneys, paralegals and non-attorneys – to join our organization. To apply, please complete and return the application form and see the instructions posted in each individual job description (if any) for further instructions.
Assistant Bar Counsel
The State Bar of Nevada is currently accepting applications for Assistant Bar Counsel. This is a full-time, exempt position with the Office of Bar Counsel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Representing the State Bar in discipline and reinstatement hearings before panels of Disciplinary Boards including: drafting pleadings, presentation of evidence and examination of witnesses at hearings, and preparing findings and orders;
- Supervising investigations of allegations of attorney misconduct, including: conducting research, interviewing witnesses, issuing subpoenas and analyzing documents and court filings;
- Drafting pleadings for filing with the Supreme Court, including Writs, Appeals, and Records on Appeal;
- Providing informal ethics opinions to State Bar members over the telephone;
- Preparing and presenting ethics, discipline and related programs for continuing legal education, to the courts, state agencies, legal service organizations and law firms;
- Litigation Experience preferred.
See the complete job description and fill out the State Bar Application if interested by Monday, August 14. Qualified applicants may submit their resume, a writing Sample and a completed application for consideration to Shelley Young, at email@example.com.