EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT THE STATE BAR OF NEVADA
The State Bar of Nevada is looking for talented professionals – including attorneys, paralegals and non-attorneys – to join our organization. To apply, please complete and return the application form and see the instructions posted in each individual job description (if any) for further instructions.
Assistant Bar Counsel
The State Bar of Nevada is currently accepting applications for Assistant Bar Counsel. This is a full-time, exempt position with the Office of Bar Counsel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Representing the State Bar in hearings before panels of Disciplinary Boards including: drafting pleadings, presentation of evidence and examination of witnesses at hearings, and preparing findings and orders.
- Preparing appellate briefs, develops strategy, and deliver discipline matters before the Supreme Court.
- Providing informal ethics opinions to State Bar members over the telephone.
- Performing investigations of allegations of unauthorized practice of law and when necessary, seek a civil injunction pursuant to NRS 7.285.
- Preparing and presenting ethics, discipline and related programs for continuing legal education, to the courts, state agencies, legal service organizations and law firms.
The State Bar of Nevada is currently accepting applications for Administrative Assistant. This is a part-time, non-exempt position supporting the Office of Bar Counsel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Answer department phone calls, respond to in person and telephonic inquiries. Support the department including the intake attorney with correspondence and other clerical matters. Must be organized and able to work independently at a fast pace. Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Qualified applicants should complete and submit a resume with a State Bar Application to HROBC@nvbar.org