Welcome to the State Bar of Nevada’s High School Mock Trial program! Each year, high school mock trial teams throughout the State compete at the regional and statewide level, with the top team advancing to the National High School Mock Trial Championship. The bar’s statewide program is administered by a volunteer Mock Trial Committee, with assistance from the Washoe County Bar Association.
Rules & Guidelines
- Nevada High School Mock Trial Competition Rules
- National High School Mock Trial Federal Rules of Evidence
- Code of Ethical Conduct
- Guidelines for Students
- Nevada Mock Trial Guidelines for Attorney and Teacher Coaches
- Examples of Common Evidentiary Objections
- Criteria for Scoring a Trial Round
2018-2019 Mock Trial Case
2018-2019 Competition Results
Competition results will be posted here after the regional and statewide competition.
Volunteers Needed for 2018 – 2019
The State Bar of Nevada and the Nevada High School Mock Trial Committee invite you to join us as a judge volunteer for the 2018 – 2019 Nevada High School Mock Trial Competition. Volunteers are needed to judge the competition and serve as room liaisons. The time commitment to volunteer is approximately four hours. This time includes an orientation for volunteers prior to your scheduled round and judging the competition round.
*Indicates a required field
Archived Mock Trial Cases
- Avery Leon v. Chinook County Transportation District
- State of Nevada v. Quinn Penner
- State of Nevada vs. Megan Barry
- Pierce Ivory v. Castle College and Morgan Pettigrew
- Mock Trial Brochure
- Mock Trial Workshop Videos
- Team List – 2015
- Mock Trial Q&A
- Click here for information about judging
- Need an attorney coach? Please contact Kathleen Dickinson
- Teacher Coaches: Email case questions to Kathleen Dickinson and she will see to it they get answered.