Masks Required at Las Vegas Justice Court Locations
On Friday, June 12, the Las Vegas Township Justice Court issued Administrative Order 20-14 ordering the use of face coverings and the practice of social distancing while within court facilities. The following orders explicitly apply to, but is not limited to,
private attorneys, contract counsel, employees or attorneys of the Clark County District Attorney’s Office, employees or attorneys of the Clark County Public Defender’s Office, court reporters, and all members of the public.
- Anyone who enters court facilities must wear a face covering.
- Children under the age of two and individuals who are unable to remove the face covering without assistance do not have to comply with the above-referenced face covering directives.
- Individuals who are unable to wear a face covering for court should make arrangements to appear by alternative means.
This requirement applies to:
- All courtrooms used by the Las Vegas Justice Court;
- Other areas of the Regional Justice Center used by the Las Vegas Justice Court;
- The Neighborhood Justice Center; and
- The Community Impact Center.
For more information, including more details regarding which locations are encompassed in this order, see Administrative Order 20-14.