To assist the public in learning about and obtaining legal services, lawyers make known their services not only through reputation, but also through organized information campaigns in the form of advertising.
The State Bar of Nevada has established a Lawyer Advertising Advisory Committee to review all lawyer advertising and ensure compliance with Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct 7.1 thru 7.5 and Supreme Court Rule 106. In an effort to assist attorneys with rule compliance, we have included Lawyer Advertising Interpretive Guidelines. Lawyers are required to submit all advertisements that are paid for to the Advertising Advisory Committee.
How to File Your Advertisement
Pursuant to NRPC 7.2A
- Advertisements filed under NRPC 7.2A must be submitted within 15 days of dissemination.
- Each individual advertisement must be submitted separately with the Advertising Filing Form below, along with a non-refundable $100 fee.
- All filing forms must include a copy of the actual advertisement, which can be uploaded with the filing form. Acceptable formats are: Adobe PDF, Microsoft WORD, MP4, MP3, etc.
- All print advertisements must be submitted in color, and if mailed to a prospective client, the filed submission should be accompanied by a copy of the front and back of the envelope in which it will be disseminated (in color).
- Any audio or video advertisement must be accompanied by a complete written transcript of the advertisement. Any non-English advertisement (audio, video or print) must also be accompanied by a complete English translation transcript.
Pursuant to NRPC 7.2B (pre-dissemination)
If you wish to obtain an advanced opinion regarding your advertisement’s compliance, you may submit a request under RPC 7.2B by filing the Advertising Filing Form below, along with a non-refundable $250 fee. The advertisement will be submitted for review and an opinion will be issued within thirty (30) days. An advanced opinion of compliance is binding on all discipline panels, so long as all information provided to secure that opinion is true and not misleading.
Once submitted, you will receive an email confirmation of your submission and payment. Unless a potential violation is found in the advertisement, this confirmation will serve as the final communication from the Advertising Committee. Potential violations are referred to the Office of Bar Counsel for investigation.
For questions regarding instructions and information on the filing process and/or submitting your advertising filing forms, please contact Theresa Freeman, Programs Manager at email@example.com or 702-382-2200.
Advertising in Nevada Lawyer
For information about advertising in the Nevada Lawyer magazine, visit the Nevada Lawyer page. You may also contact the State Bar of Nevada and ask for a member from the Publications Department for inquiries relating to Nevada Lawyer magazine.