Attorneys seeking more information about issues concerning abuse, addiction and mental health problems are encouraged to take advantage of the following online resources – including links to related continuing legal education courses. Members in need of confidential services may contact Mitch Cobeaga at 866-828-0022 or 702-257-6727.
- Professional Alcoholics Anonymous Meetings in Nevada (closed door)
- Nevada Council on Problem Gambling
- Reno Problem Gambling Center
- Attorney Recovery Stories
- ABA Commission on Lawyer Assistance Programs
- National Resources
- The Prevalence of Substance Use and Other Mental Health Concerns Among American Attorneys; Krill, Johnson, Albert
- Never Enough, Michael J. Burke GP | Solo Magazine
- Relapse After Long-Term Sobriety, Janet Piper Voss GP | Solo Magazine
- We’re From the Bar and We’re Here to Help You, John W. Clark, Jr. GP | Solo Magazine
Effective March 20, 2014, the Nevada Supreme Court amended Supreme Court Rule 210 regarding mandatory continuing legal education via ADKT 478. The order makes it mandatory for all active Nevada attorneys to take a minimum of one CLE hour once every three years on substance abuse, addictive disorders and or mental health issues. Credit must be earned in the first year of the three-year cycle, beginning in 2014.
Look for CLE offerings from the State Bar of Nevada with the A.A.M.H. code to fulfill this requirement.