Section News & Events
GAMING LAW CONFERENCE
Presented by the Gaming Law Section
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Red Rock Hotel Casino
7 CLE Credits (including 2 Ethics and 1 AAMH)
Learn more & sign-up
The Nevada Gaming Law Practice and Procedure Manual provides attorneys, regulators, and other administrators with a detailed guide to the practice of gaming law in Nevada. Written and edited by expert attorneys with decades of experience in the practice of gaming law, this reference manual includes 18 chapters covering topics such as licensing, financing, gaming devices, race and sports books, compliance reporting requirements, interactive gaming, and much more.
The Nevada Gaming Law Practice and Procedure Manual is produced by the State Bar of Nevada’s Gaming Law Section. It is available as a softcover book and as a digital PDF.
Pro Bono Gaming Employee Registration Program – Brochure. This brochure is intended to assist lawyers who volunteer to provide free legal representation to indigent clients seeking to exercise their appeal rights under NRS 463.335(11) and Regulation 5.109 in response to the Nevada Gaming Control Board’s objection to his or her registration as a gaming employee. This brochure provides FAQs, a procedural overview and factors to consider when evaluating an assigned case.
About the Section
First, to enhance the role and skills of lawyers engaged in the practice of gaming law through study, collection, development and dissemination of material on subjects of interest to the gaming practitioner. Secondly, members assist, when called upon by the Board of Governors of the State Bar of Nevada, in formulating, administering and implementing programs, forums, and other activities for the education of members of the State Bar of Nevada in matters pertaining to gaming laws and regulation. Thirdly, members act upon all matters germane to its purposes as so described or referred to it by the Board of Governors.
Chair: Jeff Rodefer E-mail: email@example.com Executive Committee Biographies Staff Liaison: Robert Horne
Board Liaison: Eric Dobberstein Dues: Annual dues are $25
- 2019 – February, April, September
- 2018 – February, April, May, September, December
- 2017 – March, April, May, June, August, October
- 2016 – February, April, May, June, September, November, November
- 2015 – February, May, June, September
- 2014 – February, May, August, October
- 2013 – March, April, September
- 2012 – February, May, September
- 2011 – January, May, September, December
- 2010 – January, May, September
- 2009 – January, May, October
- 2008 – February, June, October
- 2007 – February, June, October
- 2006 – March, June, September
- 2005 – March, April, May, October
- 2004 – February, June, December
Amicus Brief Standing Committee
- Lou Dorn
- Audrey P. Damonte, Esq.
- P. Gregory Giordano
- Andrew D. Moore, Esq.
- Rosa Solis-Rainey, Esq.
- Dan R. Reaser
- Jennifer Roberts
- Jeffrey R. Rodefer
- Scott Scherer
- Robert B. Ziems
Nevada Gaming Lawyer