North Las Vegas Justice Court Suspends Criminal Cases for 30 days; Establishes Pandemic Safety Measures
On Wednesday, December 2, 2020, the North Las Vegas Township Justice Court filed Administrative Order 2020-06, establishing safety measures to limit unnecessary public appearances due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
According to the order, effective Monday, November 30, 2020:
- All criminal out-of-custody hearings scheduled between November 30, 2020 and December 31, 2020, will be suspended and continued for not less than 30 days;
- Attorneys are encouraged to check the website https://cvpublicaccess.co.clark.nv.us/eservices/home.page.10 for all pending matters before communicating with the court at (702) 455-7801 to obtain new court dates for criminal matters.
- To reduce social contact, North Las Vegas Justice Court encourages the use of electronic communications for the resolution of cases, including, but not limited to, arraignments, status checks, filings of motions, and plea agreements.
- The following case types and hearings will continue to be heard through in-person appearances, although appearance by alternative means is encouraged when possible:
- All in-custody proceedings for criminal matters;
- Bail motion hearings, motions to quash bench warrants, and motions for own recognizance walk-through on arrest warrants, unless arrangements can be made to hear these matters by alternative means;
- Civil temporary or extended protection orders;
- Unlawful Towing cases;
- Objections to Claims of Exemption; and
- All currently scheduled North Las Vegas Justice Court Civil hearings are ordered to be conducted by video or telephonic means whenever possible; decided on the papers; or rescheduled unless otherwise directed by the assigned case judge.
- Small Claims trials, Small Claims motion hearings, and Small Claims examination of judgment currently set will be continued to a future date. Notifications to Small Claims litigants of the new date will be made via mail and/or e-mail if an e-mail address has been provided.
- The customer service lobby remains closed to the public for all Traffic matters until further notice. Defendants may pay their citation online, or contact a customer service representative via phone at (702) 455-7801, Monday through Thursday, from 8 a.m. through 4 p.m, excluding holidays.
For more information, see Administrative Order 2020-06.