North Las Vegas Justice Court to Resume Some Hearings June 1; Masks Required
On Thursday, May 28, the North Las Vegas Township Justice Court issued Administrative Order 20-05 regarding temporary procedures in the court’s criminal, civil and traffic cases. The order states that the court will resume hearing out-of-custody arraignments, preliminary hearings, status checks and bench trials on or after June 1, 2020. Criminal jury trials will resume after August 1, 2020.
The order also notes that the following Administrative Orders expire June 1, 2020:
- Administrative Order 20-02
- Administrative Order 20-03
The court will take proactive measures to ensure compliance with the governor’s Declaration of Emergency Directive 018, including:
- Requiring visitors to wear a mask or face covering if able;
- Requiring employees to wear face coverings in public areas;
- Reducing seating capacity in courtrooms; and
- Permitting court participants to remove face coverings at the authorization of the judge, such as for witness testimony or defendant identification.
For more information, see Administrative Order 20-05.