Visitor Restrictions at Nevada Appellate Courts
Effective Monday, March 13, the Nevada Supreme Court and the Nevada Court of Appeals have imposed visitor restrictions on its courthouses in Carson City and Las Vegas, according to Order AO-0008.
The following persons are not permitted to enter the courthouses in Carson City or Las Vegas:
- Persons who have traveled to any countries within the last fourteen days for which the CDC has issued Level Three travel health notices, including, as of the date of this notice: China, Iran, South Korea, and the European countries listed here (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City);
- Persons who reside or have had close contact with someone who has traveled to any of those countries within the last fourteen days;
- Persons who have been asked to self-quarantine by any doctor, hospital, or health agency;
- Persons who have been diagnosed with, or have had contact with, anyone who has been diagnosed with the coronavirus;
- Persons with apparent symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, severe cough, or shortness of breath.
The appellate courts have also canceled all courthouse tours.
Anyone attempting to enter in violation of these protocols will be denied entry by the Marshal.
If you have business or a scheduled appearance at one of the appellate courthouses, and you are unable to enter because of the restrictions listed above, you should proceed as follows:
- If you are represented by an attorney, please contact your attorney;
- If you are an attorney and you are scheduled to appear in court, please file a request to appear by video or telephonically in the case docket;
- If you are a member of the public and want to listen to oral argument or participate in a public hearing, please be advised that the court webcasts all arguments and hearings and accepts written comments on Administrative Docket hearings.
For more information, please visit https://nvcourts.gov/Supreme/ or call the Clerk of the Court at (775) 684-1600 or (702) 486-9300.